The Math and the Mission together have 173 branch centres all over India and in different parts of the world. The Headquarters of these centres are situated in Belur Math.
Vivekananda College of Nursing
Some important information . . .
Duration of B.Sc. nursing is 4 years divided into four yearly terms including 24 weeks of internship during later part of the fourth year.
Duration of M.Sc. nursing is 2 years divided into two yearly terms.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to M.Sc. Nursing Programme:
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum educational requirement shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognised by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Only female candidates are eligible for M.Sc. Nursing course in our college.
- The total number of seats in our college is 16, four in each speciality viz. Medical Surgical Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Obstetrics & Gynaecological Nursing and Community Health Nursing.
- Candidates will be selected based on merit list of the examination conducted by King George’s Medical University, Lucknow.
- Candidates shall be medically fit. (They will have to undergo medical examination which will be conducted by the Hospital. Expenses for such medical examination are to be borne by the student.)
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to B.Sc. Nursing Programme:
- Only female candidates are elligible.
- The minimum age shall be 17 years completed on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The minimum education requirement shall be higher Secondary (10+2)/ Pre-University, with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) obtaining 45% or more marks in the aggregate of the subjects.
- The selection of the candidates will be made by a Selection Committee of the Nursing College, as per norms.
- The selection of candidates is based on merit in the selection test of 100 marks and of three hours duration containing objective type questions based on Higher Secondary School Certificate Curriculum of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and English with a follow-up interview on personal assessment (oral test of 50 marks) for short listed successful candidates of the written test. The selected candidates, after the interview, will be subjected to medical examination and only medically fit candidates will be eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have appeared in 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination in March / April of the current year and whose results are likely to be declared before 1st July are also eligible to apply. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying exam with requisite percentage of marks and subjects within 5 (five) days from the date of declaration of results failing which their performance at the entrance examination may not be considered.
Requirement for Admission of Foreign Nationals
- The eligibility criteria for foreign students is at par with the eligibility criteria for Indian students as specified.
Job opportunities in the Parent Hospital
The candidates are encouraged to enter into an optional service contract for specialized training cum service at least for one year as staff nurses in the parent hospital after successful completion of the course. Willing candidates will be offered proportionate remission of fees and charges at the beginning of the course in lieu of an undertaking for such service contracts.