The Hospital : DNB Courses
The Medical Library
Diplomate of National Board (DNB) is a Postgraduate Medical Examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi on all India basis. DNB is recognized at par with M.D., M.S., MCh and D.M. degrees and is included in the First Schedule of Medical Council of India (MCI). The teaching experience of DNB qualified candidates is deemed to be equal to one year's experience as Tutor/Registrar/Demonstrator or equivalent post in a recognized Medical College imparting undergraduate teaching and training for appointment as Lecturer.
Vivekananda Polyclinic and Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow is presently accredited to impart training and teaching in the following subjects:
- Surgery, Family Medicine
- Medicine, Paediatrics, Anaesthesiology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Obsts & Gynaec., Radio-diagnosis, Pathology
- Neurosurgery and Plastic surgery (Super-specialities).
Duration of Courses :
- Broad Specialities after MBBS : 3 Years
- Broad Specialities after P.G. Diploma : 2 Years
- Super-speciality with MBBS only : 6 Years
- Super-speciality with MD/MS : 3 Years
Admission Criteria and Procedure :
- All candidates (3 years training after passing Primary/CET examination and 2 years training after passing Postgraduate Diploma courses) are required to register with the NBE within one month from the date of joining VPIMS, Lucknow.
- In Family Medicine, candidates can register without passing Primary/CET examination of the Board or Diploma in the subject. Age preferably under 30 yrs. at the time of admission.
- The admissions will be made twice a year in August and in January as detailed above under point.
- There will be an advertisement in National Newspapers of English edition and the selection will be made after an interview.
- Candidates who are Diploma-holders and opt for Family Medicine will have to appear in a written test prior to interview.
- The selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination on payment of a charge.
- Along with necessary fees the candidates shall have to submit all the documents in duplicate.
The candidates must submit their thesis protocols within three months of admission and full thesis should be sent six months prior to their final examination for approval of N.B.E., New Delhi.